You can find here the new features and modifications done on Assemble2 for the different releases:
- a messaging system to assist the user,
- the ability to send bug reports,
- the availability of several tutorials based on the brand new messaging system,
- the availability of tootips for the icons bars,
- the ability to translate selected helices when the 2D is unlocked,
- the release of several plugins:
- load data directly from the Nucleic Acid Database,
- load data directly from the RNACentral websites,
- submit the current RNA sequence to the mfold Web server and load back the 2D predictions.
- data loaded directly from databases (PDB, RFAM, SSTRAND,...) will now be listed in the menu "Load Recent..."
- new color themes based on ColorBrewer,
- a multiple selection from the secondary structure navigator can be colored at one go,
- residues selected in the 2D panel keep their original color. The selection is now based on color transparency,
- in the 2D toolbar, the eye icon allows to hide/display all the labels (absolute positions of residues, residue characters,...),
- the secondary structure can be centered on the selection,
- if a recent file is not anymore available, it is automatically removed from the menu "Load Recent...",
- the algorithm inferring a new 2D and 3D from a structural alignment has been fixed. The 2D structure is inferred first, then the tertiary interactions are added if their residues are conserved between the reference and target sequences,
- Assemble2 can be configured to not launch Chimera at startup and to not pop up the lateral panels automatically,
- two new icons have been added in the 2D toolbar: (i) one to clip the 2D to the upper-left corner of the canvas and (ii) one to make a screenshot of the 2D as a PNG file.