• Subscribe

• Jobs Forum
    (Career Center)
  • Submit
  • Archives
  • Subscribe
  • News & Commentary - Message forums

Major Releases for BioPython and BioPerl
    Submitted by J.W. Bizzaro; posted on Friday, March 09, 2001 (3 comments)

Submitter

Jeffrey Chang writes, ``The 1.00a1 release of Biopython is ready for download. This release marks two milestone in the package. First, it is now 1.00, which means it's relatively feature complete. It has support for sequences & annotations, alignments, substitution matrices, BLAST, ClustalW, ENZYME, FASTA formatting, GenBank, GoBase, Medline, Prosite, Rebase, SCOP, SwissProt, and UniGene. Second, it's the first non-developer's release, which means it's now reasonable to expect people to download it and do work immediately without having to mess around with the code.''

BioPython:
    http://www.biopython.org

Ewan Birney writes, ``We are very pleased to announce the Bioperl 0.7 release. This release represents a very significant improvement to the previous 0.6 series and brings a number of important new features to bioperl....Bioperl 0.7 is predominantly the effort of Jason Staijch and Hilmar Lapp who worked to build on top of the Bioperl 0.6 effort. Lorenz Pollack and Peter Schattner also provided significant pieces of code. The effort was supported by general bioperl developers, in particular Ewan Birney and Chris Dadigidan. Many thanks also goes to our Mac (Todd Richmond) and NT (Shelly Mistry) testers.''

BioPerl:
    http://bio.perl.org
    Test release:
    ftp://bio.perl.org/pub/DIST/bioperl-0.7.0.tar.gz

Expanded view | Monitor forum | Save place

biopython
    Submitted by Nobody; posted on Thursday, May 20, 2004
    needed specific information about biopython .
    SNP detection using biopython
    Submitted by Bioinfo; posted on Monday, June 14, 2010
    I am new to biopython. Does anyone knows the script to find the location of SNPs.
    Hi All, I am a novice programmer in Bioperl. For my project, I have to parse the Genbank files and make a dataset. But I am facing the problem while mapping the mRNA and CDS of the Alternative Splicing genes. Whether there is any special module in Bioperl, which will extract the Alternative Splicing genes from the Genbank file, or how we can parse the Alternative Splicing gene information from the Genbank file using Bioperl. Example of Alternative Splicing gene entry : http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/1145692 Thanks, Amrita
    Start a new thread:
    You have to be logged in to post a reply.

Copyright © 2024 Scilico, LLC · Privacy Policy