• Archives
  • Subscribe

• Jobs Forum
    (Career Center)
  • Submit
  • Archives
  • Subscribe
  • Career Center - Message forums

Opportunity: Bioinformatics/Immunology Postdoctoral Fellow--La Jolla, CA (US)
    Submitted by Greg Kuchcik; posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 (1 comment)

La Jolla Institute for Allergy And Immunology

DESCRIPTION

We are seeking experienced bioinformaticists who are interested in expanding their experience and knowledge in cell biology and immunology. Candidates will contribute to the Immune Epitope Database and Analysis Resource (http://www.immuneepitope.org), a new bioinformatics resource that will aid the development of vaccines, immunotherapeutics, and diagnostics, and assist scientists better understand immune mechanisms. Projects include the development of analytical and predictive modeling tools for immune responses and vaccine development. Candidates will thus have the opportunity to expand their knowledge and working experience in the two cutting edge disciplines of bioinformatics and immunology while working on an NIH-funded program at one of the country’s top immunological research institutes.

REQUIREMENTS

Interested candidates must have a Ph.D. in bioinformatics/computer science, or biochemistry/immunology with strong computer programming and information technology experience. Other requirements include experience with Java web development, relational databases, XML, Linux/Unix, and major bioinformatics resources (e.g. GenBank, Swiss-Prot, PDB, BLAST, and NCBI Entrez). Knowledge and experience with Perl, Python, ASP, Eclipse IDE, and Apache Tomcat is desirable, and background knowledge of immunology is a strong plus.

COMPENSATION

Salary will be commensurate with experience.

HOW TO APPLY

Send resumes to hr[at]liai.org Fax: 858-752-6995

Expanded view | Monitor forum | Save place

Qualification <> knowledge, vice versa.
    Submitted by Yanglong Zhu; posted on Friday, May 25, 2007
    I don't have a degree in bioinformatics/computer science, but I work efficiently in almost all of those languages listed, plus some others. I have published in genomics / metagenomics, and discovered a novel way of decoding phylogenetic information, which led to the discovery of a completely unknown class of microbial organisms. Does that qualify me as a competent candidate? PS. I do have a PhD degree in biology, though.
    Start a new thread:
    You have to be logged in to post a reply.

Copyright © 2024 Scilico, LLC · Privacy Policy