• Subscribe

• Jobs Forum
    (Career Center)
  • Submit
  • Archives
  • Subscribe
  • Career Center - Message forums

Opportunity: Senior DRUG DISCOVERY APPLICATIONS SCIENTIST--OR, CA, NY
    Submitted by Mike Wilmarth; posted on Thursday, June 12, 2003 (5 comments)

Senior Drug Discovery Applications Scientist

I am assisting to recruit a Senior Drug Discovery Applications Scientist for a client with offices in Oregon, California and New York.

This client is recognized as a high-growth leader in the development and delivery computational methods for drug discovery and development. This company offers excellent compensation and generous benefits. Here is more information:

They are seeking a scientist for their Drug Discovery Applications Group. The successful candidate will become part of a multidisciplinary drug discovery team working on both in-house efforts to improve and apply drug discovery methodologies and on collaborative projects with pharmaceutical/biotechnology partners.

Job Description:
    Actively participate in Drug Discovery Applications Group projects
    Apply drug discovery software and perform analysis of the results
    Effectively communicate results to other members of the Group
    Work closely with the Development Team to test and improve Schrödinger Drug Discovery technologies

Essential Qualifications and Experience:
    Ph.D. in computational chemistry, organic chemistry, or biochemistry
    Computational experience in at least 1 of the following areas: molecular modeling, structure-based drug design, virtual ligand screening, computationally-driven lead optimization, ligand-based design, or homology modeling
    Excellent verbal and written communication skills
    Ability to work independently

Desirable Skills: Programming skills: Perl script writing, in particular. Experience with chemical databases

Benefits include: Medical, Dental, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, 3+ weeks vacation and tuition reimbursement.

What do you think? If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please forward to resumes[at]workwondersstaffing.net:
    • your resume in word or text format
    • your salary requirement
    It is important to use the position title as the subject of your email to enable your resume to reach me as quickly as possible.

If you aren't interested or feel you are not qualified, do you know anyone who would be interested? We do offer generous referral fees.
    Thanks for your time and have a great day!

Work Wonders Staffing LLC
    resumes[at]workwondersstaffing.net
    Work Wonders Staffing, LLC

[Please reference Bioinformatics.Org when replying to this announcement.]

Expanded view | Monitor forum | Save place

Submitted by Arun.a; posted on Monday, June 16, 2003
    Respected Sir/Madam, I am pleased to introduce myself as a student of Bharathiar University , Coimbatore, India, doing second year M.Sc.Bioinformatics.I am very interested in the field of bioinformatics, especially in the area of Biosoftware designing, drug designing, molecular modeling, proteomics, Genomics and computational biology. I have a good score in my I year M.Sc. Bioinformatics. I also have a verygood knowledge and experience in computation and in biology. I have got Goldmedal for the overall achievment in my B.Sc. ComputerScience and Information Technology. I have got many prizes in various intercollege meet. I have got Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research Center(JNCASR), Bangalore, fellowship for Short term research training. I have done a two month summer project at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore,India, under the guidance of Prof.M.R.N.Murthy, Molecular BioPhysics Unit,IISc, Bangalore 12.My project in IISc was computational analysis of Viral Satellite RNA. I would very glad to work with your team.I would be a positive addition to your team. I would be very much oblidged if you can provide me with further nformation. I would like to know how to apply for the job. Thanking you Yours faithfully, A.Arun ------------------------------------------------- Personal Details Name Arun Arumugasamy Email arunnuraa@rediffmail.com aarunnura@yahoo.com arunnuraa@linuxmail.org Address for Communication 56A, Arisikolvan Street, Sivakasi-626 123, TamilNadu, India. +91 4562 - 226496. Skills Excellent programming skills in Java,VB, Oracle, C++ and C. Good experience with projects in Perl, C, Visual Basic, PVX Proficient on Solaris, Windows (95, 98, NT), Linux, Unix operating systems and SGI Educational Qualifications M.Sc., Bioinformatics Dept. of Botany and Bioinformatics, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore. In Progress B.Sc.,ComputerScience and Information Technology Dept. of CS & I T, and BCA, Ayya Nadar Janaki Ammal College, Sivakasi Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai Score-82.21%

Post a followup to this message:
    You have to be logged in to post a reply.
    Thread view
    Opportunity Sought in Bioinformatics
    Submitted by Arun.a; posted on Monday, June 16, 2003
    Respected Sir/Madam, I am pleased to introduce myself as a student of Bharathiar University , Coimbatore, India, doing second year M.Sc.Bioinformatics.I am very interested in the field of bioinformatics, especially in the area of Biosoftware designing, drug designing, molecular modeling, proteomics, Genomics and computational biology. I have a good score in my I year M.Sc. Bioinformatics. I also have a verygood knowledge and experience in computation and in biology. I have got Goldmedal for the overall achievment in my B.Sc. ComputerScience and Information Technology. I have got many prizes in various intercollege meet. I have got Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research Center(JNCASR), Bangalore, fellowship for Short term research training. I have done a two month summer project at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore,India, under the guidance of Prof.M.R.N.Murthy, Molecular BioPhysics Unit,IISc, Bangalore 12.My project in IISc was computational analysis of Viral Satellite RNA. I would very glad to work with your team.I would be a positive addition to your team. I would be very much oblidged if you can provide me with further nformation. I would like to know how to apply for the job. Thanking you Yours faithfully, A.Arun ------------------------------------------------- Personal Details Name Arun Arumugasamy Email arunnuraa@rediffmail.com aarunnura@yahoo.com arunnuraa@linuxmail.org Address for Communication 56A, Arisikolvan Street, Sivakasi-626 123, TamilNadu, India. +91 4562 - 226496. Skills Excellent programming skills in Java,VB, Oracle, C++ and C. Good experience with projects in Perl, C, Visual Basic, PVX Proficient on Solaris, Windows (95, 98, NT), Linux, Unix operating systems and SGI Educational Qualifications M.Sc., Bioinformatics Dept. of Botany and Bioinformatics, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore. In Progress B.Sc.,ComputerScience and Information Technology Dept. of CS & I T, and BCA, Ayya Nadar Janaki Ammal College, Sivakasi Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai Score-82.21%
    Opportunity Sought in Bioinformatics
    Submitted by Nobody; posted on Monday, June 30, 2003
    can u guide me to some companies who r dealing with bio/cheminformatics work and looking out for persons with good experience in pharma companies.
    summer project in Bioinformatics
    Submitted by Nobody; posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2003
    Respected sir/ Madam I would like to bring the following for your kind consideration. I?am studying Msc Bioinformatics in Sri Ramakrishna college of arts & science in coimbatore. I have finished Bsc biochemistry in the same college. I have under went training for clinical laboratory in K.G Hospital,coimbatore. I wish to take summer training in your reputed institution. My area of interest is COMPUTAIONAL APPROCHES IN PROTEIN SCIENCE & DRUG DESIGNING. I would like to take training one of the above. Please allow me to take training from your institution . Awaiting your favourable reply. Thanking you, Your?s sincerely, L.Avila Pauline . My e-mail Id- avihearts@yahoo.co.in

Copyright © 2024 Scilico, LLC · Privacy Policy