(Career Center)
  • Submit
  • Archives
  • Subscribe
  • I, Librarian: bibliography manager - Message forums

Discussion forums: Help

Expanded view | Monitor forum | Save place

Submitted by Nobody; posted on Sunday, December 28, 2003
    This should be a great help, so far it appears to be working except I haven't retrieved anything yet. Is there a reason for not retrieving extracts based on PMID? Thank you

Post a followup to this message:
    You have to be logged in to post a reply.
    Thread view
    Editing categories
    Submitted by Oscar Moya; posted on Friday, October 10, 2003
    Hi, I have installed librarian after some difficulties (the instructions are quite good, but sometimes not easy for people like me, without experience in that kind of installations). Now it is working with some minor problems, I hope to be able to solve them with time. The program seems to be really useful, we find it a very good way to store, classify, share and find the documents we have. I have a question regarding the management of the database. When uploading files, I have to create categories to classify the PDFs. Is it possible to delete or edit a category? how? Thanks a lot Óscar
    Editing categories
    Submitted by Martin Kucej; posted on Monday, October 13, 2003
    Submitter Hi, thanks for trying Librarian. I don't deny; it's not as easy to install as other software. You can always write me (or to this forum) with your 'minor problems. You can also subscribe into the Librarian mailing list. As to your question. It is possible to alter categories. Unfortunetly, I did not write any administration pages yet. So you'll have to do that either by clicking 'Edit' on every article you want to change, or by much quicker way. Via SQL commands. You have to start Command Prompt and go to mysql/bin directory. Login to your database, e.g. mysql -uusername -p databasename Than type for instance: UPDATE library SET category='newcategory' WHERE category='oldcategory'; martin
    Editing categories
    Submitted by Nobody; posted on Sunday, December 28, 2003
    This should be a great help, so far it appears to be working except I haven't retrieved anything yet. Is there a reason for not retrieving extracts based on PMID? Thank you
    Editing categories
    Submitted by Martin Kucej; posted on Sunday, December 28, 2003
    Submitter There was a bug in version 1.1. You may want to fix it with patch, which you can find on: http://bioinformatics.org/librarian martin

Copyright © 2024 Scilico, LLC · Privacy Policy