• Jobs Forum
    (Career Center)
  • Submit
  • Archives
  • Subscribe
  • Ghemical: Molecular modelling - Message forums

New Compilation Problem
    Submitted by Lothar Esser; posted on Monday, December 30, 2002
    Hi, I am trying to compile ghemical 1.5 on my notebook with g++ 3.2-7 and seem to get stuck at target3. BTW configure ran fine and did not indicate any problem. The compilation stops however at t3main.cpp with In file included from /usr/include/c++/3.2/i386-redhat-linux/bits/c++locale.h:39, from /usr/include/c++/3.2/bits/localefwd.h:46, from /usr/include/c++/3.2/ios:48, from /usr/include/c++/3.2/ostream:45, from /usr/include/c++/3.2/iostream:45, from ../../src/common/typedef.h:22, from ../../src/common/v3d.h:17, from ../../src/graphics/objects.h:32, from ../../src/graphics/camera.h:34, from ../../src/graphics/mtools.h:42, from ../../src/graphics/views.h:39, from t3views.h:28, from t3main.h:19, from t3main.cpp:10: /usr/include/libintl.h:40: parse error before `__const' /usr/include/libintl.h:44: parse error before `__const' /usr/include/libintl.h:52: parse error before `__const' /usr/include/libintl.h:81: parse error before `__const' /usr/include/libintl.h:86: parse error before `__const' In file included from /usr/include/c++/3.2/backward/strstream:51, from t3main.cpp:24: /usr/include/c++/3.2/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2: warning: #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header. Please consider using one of the 32 headers found in section 17.4.1.2 of the C++ standard. Examples include substituting the <X> header for the <X.h> header for C++ includes, or <sstream> instead of the deprecated header <strstream.h>. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated. make[1]: *** [t3main.o] Error 1 Does anyone have a clue as to what is going wrong ? Thanks. Lothar
    New Compilation Problem
    Submitted by Tommi Hassinen; posted on Friday, January 03, 2003
    Hi! I also encountered this problem with gcc-3 and it's solvable (or at least it was in my system :) Please note that the error occurs in /usr/include/libintl.h which does not belong to ghemical sources but system libraries. The libintl just seems not be gcc-3 compatible yet and it will be fixed, sooner or later. How I fixed this problem in my system, was that I simply truncated the libintl.h file into a zero length file (since the compilation succeeded even without it). To try the same thing, please first make a backup of libint.h: cp /usr/include/libintl.h /usr/include/libintl.h_ and then truncate it: rm /usr/include/libintl.h touch /usr/include/libintl.h Ok, that's how I fixed it; but do this at your own risk! ;)
    New Compilation Problem
    Submitted by Mihai Medeleanu; posted on Friday, October 24, 2003
    Hello, I've just compiled MPQC 2.1.5.on Red Hat 9.0. I met the same error, but I fixed it in another way: -At the mentioned lines I made the following changes: old: extern char *gettext (__const *...etc) new: extern char *__gettext (__const * ...etc) mihai
    New Compilation Problem
    Submitted by Nobody; posted on Sunday, January 18, 2004
    This is caused by a conflict between the system libintl.h file and the gnulibintl.h file used by gnome. You just need to reorder some of the includes in the file t3views.h. To fix this problem, use the following patch. diff -urw ghemical-1.50alpha.orig/src/target3/t3views.h ghemical-1.50alpha/src/target3/t3views.h --- ghemical-1.50alpha.orig/src/target3/t3views.h 2002-05-30 05:29:13.000000000 -0400 +++ ghemical-1.50alpha/src/target3/t3views.h 2004-01-12 17:41:01.000000000 -0500 @@ -21,11 +21,11 @@ /*################################################################################################*/ +#include "views.h" #include <gtk/gtk.h> #include <gtkgl/gtkglarea.h> #include <gnome.h> -#include "views.h" #include "t3project.h" #include <vector>
    Add a message to this thread:
    You have to be logged in to post a reply.

Copyright © 2024 Scilico, LLC · Privacy Policy